Sex positivity, like social justice, like self-care, is becoming a catch phrase that is being used sometimes loosely and without a multifaceted understanding of the phrase’s function. Frequently, sex-positivity is often used to categorize or define free spirited, and fun sexual behavior. I myself have used this word to describe my message around masturbation and its benefits to Black Womxn or to provide context to my nude art.
Women’s Orgasms Matter is a campaign created for sex positive and body positive sex education advocating for sexual freedom. Our focus is on sex positive sex education through sexual pleasure and sexual freedom.
Our goal is to promote empowerment by giving individuals what they need to make informed sexual decision that contribute to improvement in sexual health, reduction in undesired pregnancy, the confidence of being sexually aware, and simply attaining the sexual experience that you desire and all that may entail.
For me, to be sexually empowered means owning all aspects of your sexuality, acknowledging the oneness of your mind, body, and spirit in every sexual encounter, and ALWAYS putting your desires and well-being first. Sexual empowerment means never avoiding the conversation. It means openly exploring desires without judgment. It means putting your health and your personal values first. It means embracing all the things that shape your sexuality.
I’m curious, what is your relationship with masturbation? As I’d said in the Creating the Sexually Liberated Woman post, I have been masturbating a long time, however my thoughts, approach, style, perspective, and even my technique has evolved over time.
There is relatively universal consensus that pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful and blessed journey. For the most part, it is a common belief that “A child is a blessing from God.” That is how I’ve always heard it but you ever notice how pregnancy and motherhood is a huge source of cultural shame?
I remember my mother telling me a story of her first experiences as a parent. So vividly, I recall the one where I was playing in the bath tub as a toddler when I discovered my vulva. According to my mother, I was intrigued. I poked, prodded, and pulled at it. I even invited her to come see the new treasure I had discovered.
Follow Me on Twitter
- Who's excited about the eclipse?7 days ago
- RT @takebackyoursex: Quit dictating the terms of my Bisexuality! by @pinklotusbud https://t.co/vd7epsvj9j10 days ago
- Still playing catch up...11 days ago
- RT @hustlinghippie: Wild wild wild thoughts ❤️❗️ https://t.co/FRZAuERUVY14 days ago
- RT @amznjsn: Black Joy Matters #TrapKaraoke https://t.co/Ek3Wdw4DLI14 days ago
- Been trying to play catch up in my life since I returned from #SFS17. 14 days ago
- @SugarCunt @theNotice @Makeupandsin Such a pleasure 15 days ago
- I have been having such an amazing time in DC. #SFS1717 days ago