Sex positivity, like social justice, like self-care, is becoming a catch phrase that is being used sometimes loosely and without a multifaceted understanding of the phrase’s function. Frequently, sex-positivity is often used to categorize or define free spirited, and fun sexual behavior. I myself have used this word to describe my message around masturbation and its benefits to Black Womxn or to provide context to my nude art.
Women’s Orgasms Matter is a campaign created for sex positive and body positive sex education advocating for sexual freedom. Our focus is on sex positive sex education through sexual pleasure and sexual freedom.
Our goal is to promote empowerment by giving individuals what they need to make informed sexual decision that contribute to improvement in sexual health, reduction in undesired pregnancy, the confidence of being sexually aware, and simply attaining the sexual experience that you desire and all that may entail.
To love someone with HIV was the most painful experience in my life. You’d think I was the one who had been diagnosed.
But why, why was it such a painful experience? There have been so many medical advances when it comes to HIV and AIDS that such a diagnoses is no longer the death sentence it was once thought to be. Today, persons diagnosed with the virus can look forward to living long and prosperous lives. Am I right?
You couldn’t be more wrong. From a perspective of physical health, that is true, because of medical advances, some persons diagnosed with HIV can live healthy lives. We’ve even made advanced steps towards prevention with PrEP (coming soon in generic form). For others, this is not so. From a social perspective, an HIV diagnoses can absolutely become a death sentence; one of shame, of guilt, and of discrimination. The stigma of HIV is now more dangerous than the actual virus itself. Not just to physical health, but psychological well being most of all.
Long ago when matriarchy ruled as patriarchy does today, men competed for the affection, attention, and approval of women. Women were worshiped and the Goddess ruled the heavens. Women had reign to choose any man they desired to fulfill their most imaginative fantasies. The post physically and sexually capable of the bunch were always top choice.
Follow Me on Twitter
- Only three participants responded to the drawing email...so I've decided they all deserve a prize. Along with these… https://t.co/qTlJPj8heB8 days ago
- So I was going to do a drawing for the #Summer100 just in time for the holidays. Summer 100 was such a success. I'm… https://t.co/LkmW2CXmtC8 days ago
- Support is so necessary! Thank you for this post. https://t.co/8A9PnH1QL838 days ago
- Sin of a Double Life https://t.co/jJublf8PRl https://t.co/I9er7VxTb145 days ago
- Can Sex Be Spiritual? https://t.co/w0faF2Yi2f https://t.co/J1LZyAcn1D58 days ago
- No matter how much time it takes me to bounce back from this. I'm here to stay. 75 days ago
- Speaking, teaching openly about sexuality is such a passion for me. I'm holding tight to it.75 days ago
- Things are settling down a bit. I miss blogging so much it's unreal.75 days ago