There is relatively universal consensus that pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful and blessed journey. For the most part, it is a common belief that “A child is a blessing from God.” That is how I’ve always heard it but you ever notice how pregnancy and motherhood is a huge source of cultural shame?
Long ago when matriarchy ruled as patriarchy does today, men competed for the affection, attention, and approval of women. Women were worshiped and the Goddess ruled the heavens. Women had reign to choose any man they desired to fulfill their most imaginative fantasies. The post physically and sexually capable of the bunch were always top choice.
I remember my mother telling me a story of her first experiences as a parent. So vividly, I recall the one where I was playing in the bath tub as a toddler when I discovered my vulva. According to my mother, I was intrigued. I poked, prodded, and pulled at it. I even invited her to come see the new treasure I had discovered.
Follow Me on Twitter
- Support is so necessary! Thank you for this post. https://t.co/8A9PnH1QL820 days ago
- Sin of a Double Life https://t.co/jJublf8PRl https://t.co/I9er7VxTb127 days ago
- Can Sex Be Spiritual? https://t.co/w0faF2Yi2f https://t.co/J1LZyAcn1D41 days ago
- No matter how much time it takes me to bounce back from this. I'm here to stay. 57 days ago
- Speaking, teaching openly about sexuality is such a passion for me. I'm holding tight to it.57 days ago
- Things are settling down a bit. I miss blogging so much it's unreal.57 days ago
- She's the closest thing to a girlfriend I've had and I kinda wanna spoil her...not rotten, though. 57 days ago
- RT @takebackyoursex: Happy birthday #VictoriaWoodhull #sexualfreedomday read full caption here✨https://t.co/z0rmUIqF0e @WoodhullSFA https:/…61 days ago