The evening is my sexy time. I’m such a morning person but I cannot deny my lifelong love affair with the night. I come in from work and take care of my evening duties. I shower to rinse the day away, kindle my tea light oil diffuser, and smudge in the nude.
If you’ve read my blog, then you already know I love sex. What you probably didn’t know is that I also love poetry. From time to time when I’m feeling inspired, I enjoy writing poetry as well. After all, sex is poetry in motion, right.
Embracing my non-monogamous self has been a long road of heartache: lies, guilt, broken trust, and a seemingly endless amount of tears. It has been a battle within myself as well as outside of myself.
Imagine in almost every relationship you’ve ever been in, constantly being told that you’re wrong, dishonest, a liar, a cheater, selfish, disloyal, or weird all because you desire to be with or love more than one person at a time. Imagine constantly being threatened that you have to choose only one or you’re going to end up alone. Welcome to my life.
When he asked if he could kiss me between my legs, I had no motivation to object. After all, as I’d mentioned in my Creating the Sexually Liberated Woman post, I’d learned to please myself long before anyone else had the opportunity, and I knew how good that felt. Up until that moment I couldn’t imagine what a kiss between my legs would feel like. The moment he asked, my body began to fire on all synapses. I think it was something he’d learned watching porn. His dad had a lot of porn.
Did you know that many women cannot reach orgasm without clitoral stimulation? That being what it is, I am always surprised when I come across a guy who has never performed oral sex on a woman or who is really bad at it (even when he think he’s good). The disappointment is riveting.
For me, to be sexually empowered means owning all aspects of your sexuality, acknowledging the oneness of your mind, body, and spirit in every sexual encounter, and ALWAYS putting your desires and well-being first. Sexual empowerment means never avoiding the conversation. It means openly exploring desires without judgment. It means putting your health and your personal values first. It means embracing all the things that shape your sexuality.
I’m curious, what is your relationship with masturbation? As I’d said in the Creating the Sexually Liberated Woman post, I have been masturbating a long time, however my thoughts, approach, style, perspective, and even my technique has evolved over time.
Yay! I made it through part one which consists of the first three chapters. I’ll warn you, this book is a lot to take in. Make sure you’re in a distraction-free setting while you’re reading it. You’ll be making a lot of mental references. My mind kept straying so often to how each part applied to my own sexual experience that I couldn’t remain focused. Reading it provides quite the cathartic release.
There is relatively universal consensus that pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful and blessed journey. For the most part, it is a common belief that “A child is a blessing from God.” That is how I’ve always heard it but you ever notice how pregnancy and motherhood is a huge source of cultural shame?
Long ago when matriarchy ruled as patriarchy does today, men competed for the affection, attention, and approval of women. Women were worshiped and the Goddess ruled the heavens. Women had reign to choose any man they desired to fulfill their most imaginative fantasies. The post physically and sexually capable of the bunch were always top choice.
Follow Me on Twitter
- @dangerouslilly They are certainly. Things aren't going as smoothly as I would have hoped. Thanks to all donations, it's much more bearable.6 days ago
- @MaryQConfesses I appreciate this overwhelmingly.6 days ago
- I'd like to thank all those who have donated and reached out. I'm so overwhelmed. Thanks for making this easier.6 days ago
- @duckydoolittle If someone could possibly handle it for me, that would be much more convenient @dangerouslilly16 days ago
- @hustlinghippie Tag me in the convo on FB18 days ago
- RT @dangerouslilly: @Epiphora & ME as modern-day Laverne & Shirley! We're this month's @shevibe cover! Peep our interview & full cover: htt…18 days ago
- RT @RomanticIsa: @pinklotusbud And if you participated & liked it, consider helping @pinklotusbud out as she was hit by #Harvey. PayPal pr…19 days ago
- @jordantylerxxx Yes, we're all out now. The water has receded in most areas. Headed to survey the damage19 days ago